January 6, 2018

The Time I Went to Cozumel


    In February of 2012, my mother, sister, and I went on our first cruise. We traveled down to Galveston, Texas to board our ship. We had been planning this for months, but the one thing we never agreed on was our excursions. I loved to swim in the ocean, on the other hand my family did not. We dropped our luggage in our rooms and went to explore our ship. My only worry was how my oldest daughter was going to do while we were gone. She stayed behind with my grandmother for the week and she loved every minute.
    We ate some wonderful food in the paid for restaurant, as well as the small “fast food” places on the deck. These came in handy when we wanted a late night snack. We sang karaoke in one of the bars, this was a past time that my sister and I enjoyed before I had my first child. We also enjoyed the hot tubs and a few side events that took place including ice carving. The boat alone was a great vacation.
We arrived at Cozumel a few days later. As soon as we got of the boat we were to meet at our excursions. Now, you may have figured out what I chose, maybe not. *Drum Roll* I chose to go snorkeling while my mom and sister went to swim with dolphins. I chose not to join them because I felt like I had already experienced this from movies and shows and other family members pictures and videos. I wanted to do something that no one in my family had, and I don’t have many fears that I can’t face. Yes, the ocean was vast and I was afraid to go on my own with a boat full of strangers. But, the beauty of it was totally worth it. I wish I had an underwater camera to share the photos, but all I had was my words and experience. I got to see a shark swim across the ocean floor (it was small), a parrotfish (pictures do this fish no justice, it really is beautiful), some stingray (i got to touch it), and tons of colorful coral. I was literally at peace. I was in my element.     
Like every little girl, I dreamed of being a mermaid. Here I was in the middle of the ocean with clear blue water, doing just that. This was the greatest trip of my entire life. My sister and I were actually having fun and getting along. For those with sisters or daughters, you know this is a gift. We lived in the same apartment but couldn’t get along or agree on anything. Yes, she was my best friend and we did a lot together. So, you do get tired of each other after a while and need a break.
I loved the vacation and I regretted when it was over, but felt relief that I could call my daughter when we got off. She didn’t even notice I was gone. It was time to get back to reality.
Let me know what your favorite vacation was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who am I?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin I am a 27 year old stay at home mom of three beautiful girls that constantly love to gain my a...

Copyright © The Threepeat Mom. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio