January 10, 2018

NEW YEAR, MORE ME!



Hey guys! With our second week of the new year underway, I have been thinking a lot about changes and growth. What was great about the previous year? What will I be doing this year? What can I do now to start off great?


I thought about it all some more, then I came to the realization that I do not like resolutions!




Is anyone else with me? There are 365 days in a year. I have a hard time as it is keeping up with my busy lifestyle. Can I really keep a commitment along with everything else.



This is why we take baby steps. Make a commitment, but set small goals along the way to help you stick to it. My resolution was to find an identity away from the title of mom. Find someone that I want to be away from the kids. Find something to do when I want to escape the house. I have been a stay at home mom for a while now and I still don’t have the routines down to a “T.” I always liked to work but paying for daycare became hard. I don’t want to be that mom, that after my kids are grown and doing their own things, is sitting at home wondering who I am later on.

Honestly, I have been contemplating starting a blog for a year. What was in it for me? Why was I even interested? I don’t like to write. I suck at it, actually. My husband actually helps me with my papers for school. Yes, I write them the best I can. I eventually ask him to add some more “meat” to it later, though. He is very creative, whereas I am one track minded. My focus is stuck on one thing until it gets done.


Anyway, back on topic, I researched and asked questions all year. I came to the realization, when last semester ended that I would need something to do with myself to let my mind escape. I wanted to do something for me, but something that would let me stay home with my babies at the same time. So, this week I just dove right in. I love researching and learning new things. I found myself asking some questions and realized that this would be great for a blog. Step one to finding something for myself and develop my own identity, complete.

I am also learning a new language now. I like watching foreign movies with my husband and now I am getting tired of missing things because I have to read the script. I eventually fall asleep. He already understands the majority of the languages and he can pick them up fast. I struggled to make it through Spanish in school, not so easy for me. But it is something I have wanted to do for years, so little by little, I will learn it. Small step two, complete.

Step three, cue weight-loss journey. Small steps. We have been working on cutting out junk before Christmas. But then Christmas came. We know how hard it is to lose weight during a holiday. So, now I am making a bounce back. We want to start living a healthier lifestyle. It does get hard to plan meals when your grocery budget is so small. I will not let that stop me, though. We are becoming more active, or trying to anyway. The cold, cloudy weather doesn’t help. I have to fight that urge that we all get. You know the one. Laying down on the couch, turning on Netflix, cuddled up with that big bag of [insert favorite snack]. I know I can’t be the only one.

Last step for me, opening that Etsy shop that everyone says I should. I love to draw and color. I am not as talented as most. I can usually copy a drawing or handwriting, but coming up with ideas is tough. So, for two years I have explored the idea. I created signs for school functions at my daughter’s school and some for my mother’s classroom. I have ideas as long as someone tells me what they are looking for. I get afraid to have ideas and mass produce for a shop in the case that they won’t sell. That is a fear that I have to beat. I have created a few things to post, but I want to have a few more ready before I make that commitment. Baby steps, remember. I love art so I will be making downloadable content for my shop. That way they are always available and I don’t have to over work trying to recreate them.


I am also told that I should publish a children’s story that I wrote when I was a teenager that had a good moral. Sadly, I don’t remember most of it but I do remember the premise. That may come at a later time, though. Again, baby steps.

Many of you may be asking, why baby steps? Just do it. I’m sorry but I am not Nike. lol. I say baby steps, because I get overwhelmed thinking about multiple tasks to the point I lose interest in everything. I think some of you can relate. I do, however, go in with a full picture of what I want as the end result and do NOT forget it. That way I always have the goal in mind.

I believe all these things will happen in the time and order that God has planned for me. He has worked to plant these seeds in my mind, I believe I have the capability to do them, and I believe everything has their time. I will follow where I am led to achieve what is planned.


Now, friends, tell me, what are your new plans for the new year? Do you have a plan that will help you to accomplish them? I want to hear your thoughts! Until next time, you can follow me on twitter, @amercitotty90.


If You Like Me, Don't Forget To Click Below To Support Me

3 comments:

  1. I agree.. I don't like resolutions... they are hard to keep through the year... I do prefer life goals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, honestly resolutions are only meant for a year, I think. Looking at the long term is better.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Who am I?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin I am a 27 year old stay at home mom of three beautiful girls that constantly love to gain my a...

Copyright © The Threepeat Mom. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio